IHS is my campus and located at: Jln. Adi Sucipto Street 190 solo 57145 Phone: (0271) 730088, 730808. Fax: (0271) 730808, 731392. Email: ihssolo@indo.net.id Website: www.ihs-indonesia.info

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Recruitment Process for HALL

Recruitment process for HALL
(Story in English was written by Edi of Tantra which just passed the recruitment process in the HAL and would soon undergo training period, before working on cruise ships under the management of HAL. The story is quite detailed and long, so we were forced to part 3. Tulisan fixed we convey in English. If you are not able to understand the context of the story, then you have enough guts to make lump join cruises. Salam editor).

I'll start this information as what we all normally do when applying job, we submit our application.

You can click here to find out address of SBI, which is HAL's representative in Indonesia. After that, what we can do is just pray, pray again, or try to apply for another job in case we are not accepted. We just can not do anything due to this step, as they will call us when our application is accepted.

The first interview held at SBI's office which I've mentioned earlier. That morning, I prepared for everything that I needed in order to get the best results for the interview. When I reached SBI, there are some other applicants waiting in the waiting room, all of them came for many different purposes. Some of them are to be there for a visa or for a briefing. But some of them are the same with me, as a new applicant.

When I was called for an interview, I was a bit nervous, as it was my first job interview and I am so called Freezing after so long in the fully air-conditioned waiting room. Well, another room, this time, it's smaller, with 2 chairs separated by a desk, a tough guy sitting behind the desk, with papers and pen in front of him, and again ... the cool air conditioning. When I saying cool, it means very cold, as I get used to air-condition but not this one, it's just too cool for average people.

I entered the room and said "Good morning, morning, sir." But replied me with Indonesia, "Good morning Edy, please have a sit." Well, when he talked to me in Bahasa Indonesia, I was shocked at first, but after that I get used to it. I just needed to get off those "-bahasa Indonesian way of thinking" as I never speak Indonesian language in Indonesia before.

Next, he said "Ok, before we start our interview session, I will firstly ask you a question. Does all the information stated in your application to SBI are all the truth and no lies!" And of course I answered "Yes." Then after that, he explained that the interview session actually is just a starting session of the next steps, so it's not the real interview from HAL, it's actually a qualifying interview from SBI them self before we sent to have an interview or test from HAL .

In this session starting, the tough guy asked a few questions to test my Home. A few that I remembered are:

"Why do you want to work for HAL?"

"What do you know about THIS?"

"Where did you find out about HAL?"

"How do you Satisfy the management of HAL from the position you are applying?"

Then he asked me a little bit of skilled questions. At first I was applying as Room Service Attendant, but when they called me, I was offered in Housekeeping only. Well, I Decided to grab the chance to work in a cruise and think about what I am working later, that's why I attended the interview.

Some of the question regarding to Housekeeping position is how to set up a room (bed making) in theory. I explained to him, and after that, he open his files which contain some pictures. He showed me a picture, and asks me to describe the picture in details, short as long as meaningful. It was just a newspaper cut I guess. So worry nothing about this step.

And he told us that this step is the end. But we have to attend another test at Cikarang. He gave me a reference paper to be given to the lady at the front office. I can not remember her name, if I am not mistaken, she was Miss Christine.


Posted by admin at 12:04 AM Labels: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
eXTReMe Tracker

LANGUAGE OPTION